Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

NaBloPoMo Beginnings Day 11

Tell us about your earliest school memories.

I am trying to think of something positive like carefree days on the playground, moments of pure joy and silliness, etc. I am sure they are there, back in the far crevices of my warped mind. But the earliest memories are blocked by bullies. In 1st grade, I was tortured by older girls in 3rd grade. One I can picture as clear as day with her red curly hair and glasses. I don't remember her name and I think she was an older sister of a friend in my class because she is in a picture from one of my birthday parties and when I see that picture I always ask my mom how the hell she got there??
Anywho she and her friends would do things like throw my belongings in the shower, turn it on and threaten me if I told. Well one day the teacher caught me in the shower retrieving my things and I lost recess privileges for being in an unauthorized area. So I told my parents when I got home and they phoned the school AND the girls parents! WHY did parents do this?! The bully was forced to apologize and punished accordingly. Then I, in turn, was punished by her accordingly. She chased me into a bathroom stall and when I was trying to get door closed, it slammed on my finger. I never told the true story of how it happened. But I still have a scar on my finger. . .and maybe some emotional scars since it is my earliest memory of school. But I guess all early memories don't always have to be good and I definitely have some great memories later on.
And hopefully I am making some good memories for the students I teach. . .

No comments: