Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

NaBloPoMo Beginnings Day 23

What new thing did you begin this past weekend?

Weeeell, I went to 3 different Lowe's in one day, consequently taking up a lot of a beautiful Saturday. For a little back story, we are refinishing our basement. When I say we, I mean mostly my parents. It is their retired project they are working on together. One could say that this is their way of continuing to systematically control me after all of these years. But hey, I get a free new basement out of it. So why 3 different Lowe's? Dad's military discount, that's why. I love a discount. Later down the road, when we are more financially secure to spend hundreds of dollars on light fixures, we may replace them. But for now, they'll not only do, but we are picked them out together and like them.
It has actually gone a LOT better than I thought it would. They have really listened to us and tried to accommodate our sometimes picky taste and opinions about how we want things to look. Plus we have pulled our weight...mudding is no joke. So most things we have agreed on, sometimes they have to concede with what we think looks best and sometimes we have to concede with what is easiest. But try to talk my dad into a handle rather than a knob (what's the difference you ask, good effin question.), and you will feel the wrath of my father. A handle does NOT belong on a bi-fold closet door. That is a job, only a knob can do.

No comments: