Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

NaBloPoMo Beginnings Day 21

What movies have you turned off in the middle, and why?

The only ones I can come up are horror movies. I have this rule where I can only watch horror movies in October. It just makes sense to me then. I will watch really terrible ones, too. But there have been a few that we couldn't make it through. Both my husband and I watch a lot of movies (well we used to watch more but that is neither here nor there). We really respect film and all that goes into it: directing, cinematography, lighting, acting, etc. But we are also not movie snobs and will watch silly, goofy movies and the occasionally romantic comedy, but try to steer clear of tragic love stories.
The last movie I watched and really enjoyed all of the elements: "Tree of Life." It is a real thinker and quite a conversation piece.
The last movie we watched until the bitter end and couldn't turn away even though maybe we should have: "Bellflower"
The last movie that was stupid but I laughed my arse off at: "A Good Old Fashioned Orgy"
The last movie that I thought was a really good coming of age movie since the likes of "Stand By Me": "Super 8"

No comments: