Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

NaBloPoMo Beginnings Day 24

Talk about an ending that made you happy.

Well looking back on life, I am sure I can be all deep and philosophical and discuss all of the endings that, in those moments, I thought was the end of the world. But with gained perspective and a bit of knowledge, I have come to realize they weren't endings at all, but beginnings that have ultimately led me here, to this place of happy.

But all that makes my head hurt.

So I am going to go with the end of Harry Potter. I have read the Epilogue over and over again. It is one of the most complete endings of a book. Another extremely poignant, yet beautiful ending was the series, "Six Feet Under." Wow, they really covered all of them. I don't want to go into detail in case there are those out there that have not experienced these endings and may want to some day.

I know we don't get to choose our endings in life, but maybe we can change the way we see them and take away that negative element that makes endings so sad and scary. Because no matter what, they are inevitable.

No comments: