Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

NaBloPoMo Beginnings Day 13

Tell us about some of your first toys.

There are so many...cabbage patch dolls, lincoln logs, little people house and farm. The one that always stands out is my Castle Grayskull. I loved it and played with it all of the time. I didn't have any brothers and sisters I had to share with so I pretty much ran my toy room. I am pretty sure barbie tried to move in a couple of times, but was always kidnapped by Skeletor, and ultimately wasn't He-man's type, since I am pretty sure he was more into Ken. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of this as a child. Interesting read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He-Man
Yes I spent countless hours with the Masters of the Universe and eventually got into She-Ra and remember fondly the Halloween I got to dress up as the Princess of Power. Looking back, I mostly remember playing with the He-Man action figures and the Castle of Grayskull. But I know when She-Ra came along, it was all over once I saw, Swiftwind, her Unicorn. I was heavily into Unicorns back in the day. . .heavily. But that is another post for another day.

No comments: