Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

NaBloPoMo Beginnings Day 5

What is the hardest part about a beginning?

What isn't hard about a beginning? For me, it's the procrastination. I can put off beginning anything for years. I have boxes in my closets that haven't been opened since I moved in 2010. That is alarming and frighteningly hoader-like. I had half a mind to pick them up and throw them away but #1 I am eco-friendly and who knows what is in there? #2 I am storing things for people and what if the items in the box isn't mine? See how I just did that? Some people may read this and nod in agreement, while others may be screaming at me to open those boxes and get rid of these things I haven't even looked at in 2 years (maybe longer).
Another hard part is fear of failure. After years of resolutions that haven't stuck, the shininess wears off. It all sounds great. New Year, new ideas, new beginnings. But in reality, every day is new. Every moment is new. It's all a state of mind.
Which brings me to my answer: the hardest part of beginning is my own brain.

No comments: